#1 2017-06-25 03:20:04

Henx

The Mindset

Forget about the balance, ranking and concept for now, let's not drop into minor discussions, what is you Dev team's original intention about developing this game?

Is that only for profit? or to build your idealistic game? or to amuse people?

When I started playing this game about 10 months ago, I was having fun in it, maybe it's not perfect, but fun is the most important thing, so I was addicted, playing a lot, and looking forward to progress, and even bought gems.

Now I saw a lot of core player leaving with frustration and rage, and I keep playing against same few players with same lineup in every battle, everyday, seems like a dead pool, pretty tired.

If people always get angry, betrayed, frustrated by every update, what's the meaning updating/playing it? Are users just not smart enough to understand your good intentions or you are losing their heart?

A good product must creates value for customers(enthusiasm, eagerness, accomplishment, trust), that's what Blizzard, Apple, Google does. If someone doesn't, they will be taught by market, not on the opposite. Anyone should've considered the next step deeply if he/she wasn't prepared to create value for customers.

You keep manipulating the rewards and parameters, regardless of how much people have put in their life and money, all of that must be considered as your credit liability, should be very careful treated!

I have two accounts, strong one and weak one, both boring at all, just don't know when my passion will get exhausted.

I surely want to know your user activeness data and revenue, are they growing or decline? If they're growing, forget my word though.

I wish you the best.

Last edited by Henx (2017-06-25 14:12:27)

#2 2017-06-25 12:38:53

Russiantocket

Re: The Mindset

I completely agree. Updates use to mean I had to make some adjustments, now they are just more and more demoralizing. With all of the redundant coins I just don't care about this game. I had no idea how much I enjoyed the character progression portion of the game until the latest update.
I think all of these changes are because of all the complaining, but what I see is the complaints are really " I hate loosing". The big problem with that is someone almost always looses every game.

#3 2017-06-25 19:35:50

Azgoth

Very well said Henx.

Most updates are completely unprepared.
I understand the distortion of the balance of the game - this is to encourage players to buy new units.
But you do it very brutally.
You make changes right before the end of the season. You change the balance so much that you completely take away the chance to maintain a good place, although many players have asked you not to do this.
You said you must wait for Apple, Google etc. You just need wait longer with update only one time.
So that the update will always be at the beginning of the season.

Like Hanx wrote; game shouldn't make frustration and rage. Every update. It's evidence.

I give you simple example:

You increased the number of tokens needed to upgrade units to delay a moment when players will have units at their max lvl.
After this change many players left the game.
Then you raised the value of the boxes.
The time needed to upgrade has returned to its starting point.
Was this change needed?

If something is better but players doesn't like it It is not better at all. Really.

I do wan't to write here too much, I will add more in my farewell, which I will paste soon.

5 times solo season winner
2 times second place
The best player ever.

#4 2017-06-26 13:38:32

Dev Julia
Administrator

Hi Henx,

thanks for this post in the forum. With every update we made we wanted to bring new features, improve the balance and fix the bugs. During the process we have made some mistakes, and we are very sorry that it caused any poor experience.

At the moment we are mostly focusing on stability of the game - in this sense we are not planning on introducing any big features, but fix the bugs, balance and other issues that can be fixed without making big changes.

We are aware that the impact of the changes might be overwhelming for the players, this is why we try to communicate the big idea behind the new changes in the forum. We do it to get your feedback, but also to keep you informed.

#5 2017-06-27 09:27:40

Henx

Since you mentioned Communication, you haven't answered any of my questions:

1.What's you Dev team's original purpose of making this game? profit or idealism or to entertain people?

2. Accordingly, If people always get angry, betrayed, frustrated by every update, what's the meaning updating/playing it?

3. Are your user activeness data and revenue growing or decline?

You call it as "Impact" as we have no choice but to accept it. I've reviewed your replies of many topics, most I saw were explanations of why you did this and that, or you'll take into consider someday...I don't think that's communication, it's more like you use this forum to declare your policies.

At this moment I don't really care about stability, it's important but not the key issue which drives players away, people must have Hope of Possibility first. HOPE is the TOP priority in a game, hope to win and hope to level/rank up. Otherwise what are we playing? Try to lose every battle or remain at same level/rank forever? You keep taking hope away by every update, which means rewards and balance are now making players hopeless, just do a simple math, no matter how you stabilize the game, it remains stably desperate.

If you forbid some bad behaviors by sacrificing other player's rights, then both sides lose the game in the long run. You must stop manipulating the same pie and create new values for all players. It's the only way to seize balance positively.(Ex. you broke the possibility of high lvl players' progression, and who's gonna benefit from it? Low lvl players are still not competitive to high lvl players, yet getting harder on lvling up neither. It's far more interesting playing high lvl battles, low lvl fights are much restricted by lvl capacity and locked characters.)

Some draft example like adding plenty of new champions/titans which requires more delicate tactics, offering more ways to get more rewards, team fights that each high lvl player teams up with a low lvl player, building a feasible platform where all players can share their tactics and experiences...I'm sure players are willing to offer you various opinions, only when you're ready to listen and adopt their advice seriously.

P.S. some may say that players are just seeking an easy way to lvl up, to me the dev team is pretty much doing the same, taking an easy way to balance the game.

Thank you.

Last edited by Henx (2017-06-27 16:45:37)

#6 2017-06-28 08:16:41

Hurdaci
Website

Henx wrote:

1.What's you Dev team's original purpose of making this game? profit or idealism or to entertain people?

2. Accordingly, If people always get angry, betrayed, frustrated by every update, what's the meaning updating/playing it?

1- All of them, but profit needs to be their priority since they are professionals who make their living from this game.

2- You are wrong, only the high level players active here in forum are angry, frustrated etc. (10-20 people) How do you know about the rest? It is clear that the Devs are happy with low level players and earning the big amount from them. So they are trying to make them happy. 20 high level players won't be rescuing them with their payments, they need to think wider than this.

3- This question was an inappropriate one. Why would they share their private data with you? You must have no professional life experience to ask this type of question.

Sad that I will be missing this game reach E-Sports level.

#7 2017-06-28 12:00:57

Henx

May I consider your opinion as dev teams'? seems like you know them so well.

And you just made it clear to all of my question.

1. Great! and I won't spend a penny on a money-grabbing game in the future. I was having a lot of good time in this game, it's the first game I made in-game purchase, I paid because it was a fun dealer, I'm sad it became a money grabber.

2-1. I'm not top 20 player, and I am in the fifth or sixth clan, most of my clan members are frustrated, some of them left, some others became casual players who only have couple of fights every week, don't purchase for sure, so I assume it impacts at least hundreds of people who have paid most time or money in this game. (maybe I didn't pay enough to become top 20)

2-2. As I said before, I have a low lvl account, it's very hard to reach playable lvl (lv.7 and above), and most useful character are locked( the rate of unlocking new champion is also incredibly low, I got fristor after 8 months and never had a chance to use it with poorly low lvl), not to mention the supermove lvl is just impossible to lvl up. The only way to progress is splashing money, quick and effective! and once I reach high lvl I will find out I can't pay or play to lvl up anymore.

The whole business model for players is to pay and leave, treats them as disposable wallets.
Players are more willing to invest in a reliable system rather than an inconstant one.

3. I am not expecting the direct answer, reply words of a straightforward question can leak one's mindset, that's all I need to know.

Anyway thank you for sparing time answering my question, provide valuable information at all.

Last edited by Henx (2017-06-28 13:29:42)

#8 2017-06-28 13:27:00

Dev Julia
Administrator

All the statements made by the players do not represent Omnidrone:)

Henx wrote:

The goal behind Titan Brawl was to make an awesome game for mid-core players, who like to play competitive games, but do not have time to spend 20 minutes on their mobile per battle. We wanted to make something new , fresh and unique. and of course profitable:) The best free to play game won't live long if monetization does not work.

Believe it or not, but we are the team of geeks and idealists. You can see us more closely and listen a bit about the Omnidrone/ Titan Brawl story in this video

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzGC6V_YnlE

Henx wrote:

At the moment we are focusing on making the game more stable and get rid of the most annoying bugs. From that point, we will be making bigger changes in the game balance and than bring more content for the players.

Henx wrote:

This is not type of information we can share publicly smile

#9 2017-06-28 13:27:25

Hurdaci
Website

Those were my guesses.
But you are right about slow progression of new players.
I travel around small clans from time to time and I can easily tell that it was much easier to gain ranks before, now they go up to 1000 medals and stuck there for several months first, they pass that level and they stuck again around 1700 medals which is nearly impossible to pass. Later they stop playing because they start to match against Elite which is quite demoralising.
One way out of this situation may be -
Selling lvl15 accounts on market which has random champions unlocked (lvl7-7) ..
or
Double-triple rewards until you reach level 15..

Their revenue must be decreasing normally as other games and of course because of the changes they made. But I am sure that they have been thinking about the changes they make much more than we do and there must not be another way out. OTherwise why wouldn't they do it?
They have nothing to do with you or other people who are complaining. They want all their players to be happy-if possible.

*Btw if monetization means players who spend money, their ratio is %20 and you can calculate their revenue starting from that point smile

Last edited by Hurdaci (2017-06-28 14:16:05)

Sad that I will be missing this game reach E-Sports level.

#10 2017-06-28 15:53:28

Henx

Hurdaci wrote:

Those were my guesses.

Their revenue must be decreasing normally as other games and of course because of the changes they made. But I am sure that they have been thinking about the changes they make much more than we do and there must not be another way out. OTherwise why wouldn't they do it?
They have nothing to do with you or other people who are complaining. They want all their players to be happy-if possible.

*Btw if monetization means players who spend money, their ratio is %20 and you can calculate their revenue starting from that point smile

Good point.

I don't regard different views as complaining, we all love this game more than others, we want it to be better. otherwise why are we wasting our time discussing here?

A team who are good at developing games doesn't mean they know how to commercialize as well. The reason they don't do it is probably because they only know how to solve problems in mechanical ways.

Last edited by Henx (2017-06-28 23:38:10)

#11 2017-09-23 23:37:39

Henx

Can't believe my comment of previews update still suitable for this update! You moved this topic to general discussion rather than staying in ideas and feedback shows your mindset, you think I was just complaining around, not suggesting.

My condolence to the great game in the past, goodbye omnidrone.

Last edited by Henx (2017-09-23 23:45:29)

Board footer