#1 2017-06-24 04:21:50

Shankyu

I quit.

I've watched this game take more and more steps towards being a pay to win model. This recent update is the straw that broke the camel's back. You've reduced the earned rewards in every section of the game. The leader board rewards have been greatly reduced.. The skull boxes have been changed.. The mission boxes are a thing of the past. And now youre handing out redundant tokens. If you guys put half as much time into developing new champs and balancing the game as you do into finding ways to squeeze your players wallets, this would be a great game indeed. Instead it feels more and more like a cash grab. The errors and crashes continue, bugs go unfixed, and the ability of a player to advance his champs in level has been nearly erased. So I'm calling it quits. I wish you all the best. Goodbye.

#2 2017-06-26 13:13:41

Dev Julia
Administrator

Re: I quit.

Hi Shankyu, sorry to hear you are leaving . However apart from making the change in the rewards (you can get tokens of the Champions that are on max level), we have not make any changes in the rewards (the season rewards, skull box rewards and other are all the same).

Did you ranked down? On lower ranks your rewards are lower, maybe this is the reason why you feel we give less now?

#3 2017-06-26 13:27:55

Henx

From this reply I am sure you dev team doesn't play your own game, totally bureaucratic and no empathy of what players really care.

Shankyu is one of the top rank players, do you think he really care about the rank?

Seems like a dictator wondering why his people are not happy.

#4 2017-06-26 15:06:20

RemptorRex

Dev Julia wrote:

Hi Shankyu, sorry to hear you are leaving . However apart from making the change in the rewards (you can get tokens of the Champions that are on max level), we have not make any changes in the rewards (the season rewards, skull box rewards and other are all the same).

Did you ranked down? On lower ranks your rewards are lower, maybe this is the reason why you feel we give less now?

He means the changes over the last months. Remember when everyone on Elite (and it was pretty easy to get Elite with just like lvl 5 Champs) got 10 Gold, 3 Plat and 200 Crystals.? And sometimes you could fill the Skullbox (think 15 were needed) after nearly everygame and we could get endless of them.?
Or the missions: a Bronze, Silver and Gold box at once. He means that you changed stuff like that all over the Game now.

#5 2017-06-26 16:40:50

Dev Julia
Administrator

Shankyu wrote:

This recent update is the straw that broke the camel's back. You've reduced the earned rewards in every section of the game. The leader board rewards have been greatly reduced.. The skull boxes have been changed..

From this post I understood that Shankyu is talking about the last update. If I am wrong, I am sorry, there has been misunderstanding. But at any point of the game we have changed the skull boxes, this is why I was suspecting getting to a lower rank could be an issue.

#6 2017-06-27 00:26:49

Shankyu

I was speaking on the entire history of the game. Yes the skull boxes from before when you could collect them all day  and
there wasn't a  timer  you had to wait 20+ hours for. Yes the missions where  for a few gems and some play time  you could farm gold boxes. Yes the end of season rewards where you got enough boxes to reliably level  up at least one champ every  season. I've watched as every possible avenue for a player who doesn't want to spend money to advance has been systematically reduced or erased. In the mean time you have released very few champs to the game.  You've released a bunch of champs, most of which are clones of existing character models and most of which are barely used. Let's count. Eira, violet, toyce, everett, baiek, grunder, mort, and gurb. Thats 8. 8 new champs in over a year. Yes I've been playing that long. And I remember waiting for eira for months just to have her released and find that she was useless.

This is where you've failed and why you're having the problem youre having now. You want people not to Max your champs as soon as they're released. Put out more champs. If you had released 20 champs of various rarities in that time no one would be near maxing them all. Unless they paid obscene amounts. So instead of releasing new content you try to make it harder to level up the current champs. Now what I was saying in my first comment , to make it crystal clear, is IF YOU WORKED ON MAKING NEW CONTENT INSTEAD OF MAKING IT HARDER TO LEVEL UP OLD CONTENT THEN PEOPLE WOULD BE HAPPIER AND SPEND MORE MONEY. instead. I'm leaving. I may check back in a few months to see if you've fixed anything but I doubt it.

It truly feels like either you don't know what you're doing or you have such a small team you can't get anything done. This feels like a game made by amateurs. Put out more content. Add new modes. More new modes. Fix the bugs, the lags, the crashes. Balance your champs. BALANCE YOUR CHAMPS. BALANCE YOUR CHAMPS!!!!!! and stop screwing over your player base. Or you will fail. This is a promise and a prediction. Put in the work and stop expecting your player base to keep shelling over money for a sub standard product. You have a good concept. It's addictive as hell. And those moments when you're a hairs bredth away from a win or loss are amazing. But you won't be able to float on that alone forever. Bye now. Hope you hear your players and turn over a new leaf.

Board footer