#1 2017-07-07 18:12:50

Xander

Positive Feedback

I see a lot of negativity in the forums so I thought some positive comments were needed... Omnidrone, you've made a great game.  I'm impressed with how basic the concept is but that strategy and skill is required to be competitive.

I am happy to see that balance is something that you are considering and that adjustments are made occasionally. I've played many games that have died because of character imbalance.

There are a few things that I think could be improved...

- Unlocking new characters is too infrequent and the player doesn't seem to be able to do much to increase their chances at getting certain characters they may want. As an example, I'm at level 13 & 1400 trophies and haven't unlocked Keiyo yet who is one of the first characters available and one that I really want.  I don't think I can buy him (I've never seen an offer for him). I'm guessing I can increase my odds of getting him by intentionally losing matches and falling all the way back to the wood 2 league but nobody wants to do that.  I seem to unlock one character a week on average and get frustrated when I unlock a character that isn't one I need/want.  I think we should be able to unlock any character with gems.

- I complemented you for considering balance. Please continue to focus on this. Nerfing OP characters and buffing weak ones.  The more balanced the characters are, the more variety in teams we can use which keeps the game fresh IMO.  Many posts have been made about the characters that need to be nerfed so I won't add to that but I would like to mention some characters that need to be buffed to make them more usable...
-- Violet - her SM can do a lot of damage but the situation has to be too perfect for it to be effective.  The SM is easily canceled by an enemy's SM (which is okay) but since the damage starts very low and if she starts to walk forward the SM is canceled, the SM too often ends up doing little damage and being a waste of mana.  I suggest increasing the starting damage amount and making it last if she walks forward. Maya and Aisha don't cancel their SM when they walk forward.  Violet shouldn't either.
-- Healers - basically unusable. Maybe an increase to HP would help.
-- Yorke - his SM needs a buff.  I like the suggestions made by others about adding AOE damage or a stun/slow to the 2 sweeps.

- I see discussions about rarity.  I don't think rarity is necessary in a game like this. It isn't adding anything and just causes confusion.  It's probably too late to remove rarity but I suggest focusing on balance which  is more important.

- I wish the clock on the skull box would reset at the same time each day. Currently it doesn't reset until you start filling it which means the next 24 hour clock is delayed if you don't start immediately.  I can't always play right when it is available which makes me feel like I am falling behind.

Thanks for making a great game.  I have purchased gems and will again to support the game. Hope you keep maintaining and improving Titan Brawl.

#2 2017-07-09 11:45:01

Grimeth

Re: Positive Feedback

Meet Titan Brawl, a game where 'positive feedback' actually means 'cool game, but here's some negative feedback'.

My sweet summer child, wait till you get higher up in the ranking (by no means consider this a flame towards you, keep it up!) and see how things change. After hitting the wall you'll wish you had quit months ago. But you didn't. And probably won't.

#3 2017-07-10 04:34:18

Henx

Grimeth wrote:

Meet Titan Brawl, a game where 'positive feedback' actually means 'cool game, but here's some negative feedback'.

My sweet summer child, wait till you get higher up in the ranking (by no means consider this a flame towards you, keep it up!) and see how things change. After hitting the wall you'll wish you had quit months ago. But you didn't. And probably won't.

You make me laugh every time, great sense of humor LOL

Xander wrote:

- Unlocking new characters is too infrequent and the player doesn't seem to be able to do much to increase their chances at getting certain characters they may want. As an example, I'm at level 13 & 1400 trophies and haven't unlocked Keiyo yet who is one of the first characters available and one that I really want.  I don't think I can buy him (I've never seen an offer for him). I'm guessing I can increase my odds of getting him by intentionally losing matches and falling all the way back to the wood 2 league but nobody wants to do that.  I seem to unlock one character a week on average and get frustrated when I unlock a character that isn't one I need/want.  I think we should be able to unlock any character with gems.

Dear Xander, I have what you desired desperately: Max lvl Keiyo with max Supermove, and still lose to Fristor or Gurb or Fristor+Gurb all the time.

My Poor lvl.4 Fristor and Sad lvl.4 Gurb, they would never have any chance to lvl up...because the Dev team always feed me Ding or Elena in the box, and I can't even share those tokens because no one request...

Hope you can understand my English.

Good luck kid, cheers!

P.S. Why you post your positive feedback in General discussion column?

Last edited by Henx (2017-07-10 04:48:58)

#4 2017-07-10 13:16:24

Dev Julia
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback!

Balance:

At the moment this is our main focus. In about the month we will introduce a new balance. Instead on focusing on certain Champions, we are reworking the whole system to make it more logical (with rarities and classes explained) intuitive (so they players can expect certain stats and behavior from the Champions).

Some of the Champions will be remade and will receive completly new Special Moves.

Unlocking champions:

We had to make this decision although it was not an easy now. We are aware that it might be a problem for top level players.
We will make changes and improvements in two ways:
1) By adding additional levels to the units (this way the players can use the extra tokens)
2) By creating boxes with more specific content

Skull box:

We have increased the number of Skull Boxes you can open every 24 hours to 3 - for now it is a limited time change. It is possible we will do some other adjustments.

#5 2017-07-12 06:12:07

Henx

Dev Julia wrote:

We had to make this decision although it was not an easy now. We are aware that it might be a problem for top level players.
1) By adding additional levels to the units (this way the players can use the extra tokens)

Appreciate of taking care of our feedback, however this doesn't solve but delay the same problem, obviously the high level players will face the same predicament once they maxed out the additional levels of minor units. It's quiet hard to get powerful unit tokens, and easy to get overflowed weak tokens.

A more moderate way may be like this:

Players won't get tokens of maxed out units, EXCEPT when you release a new unit---the rate of getting this new unit is equal to others, and you can decide how long this rate should be locked, maybe a couple of seasons or longer.

Thus top player won't be able to max out the new unit straightway, or get frustrated by continuously getting redundant tokens.

Thanks

Last edited by Henx (2017-07-12 06:21:14)

#6 2017-07-12 08:44:02

RemptorRex

Henx wrote:
Dev Julia wrote:

Appreciate of taking care of our feedback, however this doesn't solve but delay the same problem, obviously the high level players will face the same predicament once they maxed out the additional levels of minor units. It's quiet hard to get powerful unit tokens, and easy to get overflowed weak tokens.

A more moderate way may be like this:

Players won't get tokens of maxed out units, EXCEPT when you release a new unit---the rate of getting this new unit is equal to others, and you can decide how long this rate should be locked, maybe a couple of seasons or longer.

Thus top player won't be able to max out the new unit straightway, or get frustrated by continuously getting redundant tokens.

Thanks

Thats actually a great idea.! Because i was about to start maxing champions and now i get tokens for the lvl 10 Champs too, what really sucks. It will tske ages to lvl up the others now..
But yeah that some Players just max Gurb at first day sucks and is not fair - so the solution from Henx seems pretty good.

Board footer